Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Summit county

19K views 77 replies 24 participants last post by  Zabz 
#1 ·
Anyone looking or find anything in Summit County?

#52 ·
I wish I could site specific sources, but I have heard from a variety of people and websites that the only places you CANT pick from are Metro Parks. The valley does contain a number of metro parks, however there are copious amounts of non-metro park land that is good to go. The metro park entrances are clearly marked at the entrance and there are also numerous piles that mark their property line in the woods. I hope this helps and again I wish I could tell you I heard this from a ranger, but i didn't. I am a betting man tho, and I would put $ on it. :p

#54 ·
Well i checked the national parks website and the superintendents compendium ( park specific rules) states no mushrooms may be collected. Nuts and berries are allowed but they have mushrooms listed seperately as not allowed to collect. Not tryin to ruin anyones huntin just thought that fines and such for gettin caught in a national park are probably a bit heftier than a metro park( heard metro fine is around 150bucks). I did read that they previously allowed it it but due to lots of people hunting them and trashing areas they then prohibited it. Good luck to y'all, I'm gonna stay away. More for you guys.

#59 ·
I see you on here a lot. I just moved here in December. I have plenty of acres to hunt in Lorain but nothing yet. I have been hunting for 40 years. Hoping to catch a batch up here. Ground is cold and dry. Supposed to rain today but still cold. Will look today anyhow and tomm. Love those yellows!

#68 ·
I looked in my Summit and Medina County spots... Still looking early, may apples just starting, no jack in the pulpits, no fiddleheads, trillium and ramps also just getting going.

I thought the 80 degree days would jump start the blacks and half frees, but I was wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.