1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by fishingmandan22, Apr 28, 2014.

1. fishingmandan22

fishingmandan22 Morel Enthusiast

My best spot has finally produced 40 half frees and a dozen greys yesterday. Nice rain today and this week I hope things get better. I hunt Warren, Greene and Butler County. Good luck all.

2. cockfarmerfrank

cockfarmerfrank Young Morel

Found about 150 small yellows/greys in Montgomery and warren county yesterday. This rain should really bring em!

3. fishingmandan22

My daughter and I picked 105 blacks and half frees yesterday all pretty fresh on pp in Warren County. Found several patches of small grays and yellows. Also tried a spot in Greene County and just found 3 small half frees. Going to hit another spot in Warren here in an hour that has produced heavy in past years. Will post again later.

4. campantioch

campantioch Young Morel

Anyone having any luck in Preble County yet?

5. fishingmandan22

Found 8 greys and a few spikes.

6. ruger1shot

ruger1shot Young Morel

live In on edge of Fairfield and pickaway and hunt a lot in hocking I hav found a dozen blacks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

7. joeandjulie

joeandjulie Morel Enthusiast

We found over a pound of nice big morels today in Moraine area, north side of abandoned roadway, beneath a dying elm, moist ground. (13 total, tallest was 8")

Found a few spikes on a southfacing field edge beneath some honeysuckle.

Found none inside the woods; not even on south-facing slopes

8. fritz27

fritz27 Young Morel

This is my first year I spent 2 hours the other day along the little miami by the powder factory and didn't find a thing does anybody have any pointers?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

9. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Young Morel

I've found around 80 greys and a few yellows in Preble County (South of Eaton). I expect to find a lot more yellows this week. Elm trees and sandy soil have been my spots.

10. joeandjulie

joeandjulie Morel Enthusiast

found a half dozen yellows near camden today