Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaning into it day after ever-so-long day, it knows the corner like fast friend. Tho' safe and sound in angular embrace, its patience wears thin as the trill of robins renews and the last icy white vestiges of winter fade in concert with the warming sun. Itself a part of the awakening all around, smooth, weathered, and seasoned by the virtue of years, the stick is eager.

But more so the hunter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Leaning into it day after ever-so-long day, it knows the corner like fast friend. Tho' safe and sound in angular embrace, its patience wears thin as the trill of robins renews and the last icy white vestiges of winter fade in concert with the warming sun. Itself a part of the awakening all around, smooth, weathered, and seasoned by the virtue of years, the stick is eager.

But more so the hunter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've missed your musings Shroom God, nice to hear from you again, I'm starting to think about getting the old truck and trailer ready for my annual pilgrimage up your way, keep it coming

·
Registered
238 Posts
So glad to see you back shroom god. I was just speakin' of you last week and how much I missed your posts. I do hope this finds you well!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I feel bad for those poor folks in places like Hawaii that never get the rush of spring after a long bitter winter. I don't think they get morels there either. Nice place to visit I guess. But most importantly they are most likely missing out by not reading SG's inspirational ramblings. Makes me want to walk to Oklahoma and pick morels.

·
Registered
128 Posts

But more so the hunter.
Greetings SG! Awesomeness as usual! I will just say this here hunter(me) is overly eager like a beaver, to find more morel morsels than to shake an eager stick at!

·
Registered
8 Posts

But more so the hunter.
Hi, My husband found an unusual red mushroom yesterday we don't know what it was. We have been hunting morels for years and have never seen anything like it. When he brought it to me to look at the wind blew a bunch of dust or spores out of it and in my face. I was really sick that night with a horrible sore throat. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is. I think he found it on a stick. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, My husband found an unusual red mushroom yesterday we don't know what it was. We have been hunting morels for years and have never seen anything like it. When he brought it to me to look at the wind blew a bunch of dust or spores out of it and in my face. I was really sick that night with a horrible sore throat. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is. I think he found it on a stick. Thanks!
Hi Snooki. Do you or your Hubby have pictures of the mushroom? Always take several pics including top, bottom, stipe and even cutting it in half length wise is very helpful in identifcation. Hope your feeling better. Happy Hunting!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts