Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's 60° here in West KY. Closest city would be Paducah KY. THE morels have came up here in March Before. If it stays like this for 3 or 4 days I'm gonna have to go investigate a couple places! I'm getting the Fever just thinking about them
Fish of the Woods I'm hoping we all hit the mother load this year!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well it's 60° here in West KY. Closest city would be Paducah KY. THE morels have came up here in March Before. If it stays like this for 3 or 4 days I'm gonna have to go investigate a couple places! I'm getting the Fever just thinking about them
Fish of the Woods I'm hoping we all hit the mother load this year!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's going to be cold up here tonight and tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all next week but the temps are looking promising. Shouldn't be long. My Redbud tree looks like it's getting ready. My walnut taps are about done so we're getting close.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heard a report from a guy that I trust that a friend of his found 7 two days ago in far south central KY but no pics.
I'm going to a friend of mine's farm in central KY in two weeks to scout for turkey season. I'm thinking it should be on by then.

·
Registered
306 Posts
For you all that have places to hunt the black morels, get ready! Just looked at the extended forecast for the next 2 weeks. After tomorrow, the next 13 days are forecasted for highs in the 60’s and 5 of those days the lows are forecasted in the 50’s. There are excellent chances of rain during that same period. That is the perfect recipe for the season to begin in Kentucky!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Well seen the sun today so the fever hit me again. Nothing but found some orange cups, toad stools & some oysters. If all that's growing why not MOREL'S?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dude, at least your finding all that! I would kill just to find some oysters right now! I searched forever yesterday, and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well some hunters are reporting Black morels in Paducah & Wingo, KY.
I've searched in 4 different woods still nothing. I'm west & centered of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Their up in Carlisle county KY.
I found the biggest black morels I've ever found! I always find those black button tops never a black morel! Also a small brown & a small grey. If I could figure out how to post pic's I would?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Their up in Carlisle county KY.
I found the biggest black morels I've ever found! I always find those black button tops never a black morel! Also a small brown & a small grey. If I could figure out how to post pic's I would?
just go to upload a file choose what you want and hit post after it uploads them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts