Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Ice fishing has been good here in Ohio since we finally started to have enough ice to get out on. Been hammering fish. I鈥檒l bet it鈥檚 epic ice fishing there in Minnesota!

Registered
It depends on what part of the state your in middle of the state the lakes get hit pretty hard. But if you go north or south there are still some lakes that arent getting worked over as much. To many people fishing these days around the st cloud area the lakes arent what they used to be.

Registered
I had my ice shack out on Osakis this year. Was able to get out just before New Years. Did pretty good! Stayed out there 2-4 days every other weekend. Brought home 1 or 2 family sized meals every trip. Walleyes and crappies mostly. Crappies were all 11.5-14". A few jumbo perch and northerns sprinkled in. DNR stopped by twice and commented we were doing the best on the lake, so we must have been doing something right...
Can't wait to get out walking soon!
Shack 2021.jpg

Fish 2021.jpg

Registered
Wonder if the season will start early this year (mid-April?). March is looking much warmer than normal, and the snow is nearly melted. Could be "false spring", as we have had April snow dumps.

Less concerned about temperature and more concerned about moisture. Not going to be happy if we have another dry spring. Hardly found any morels last year compared to previous years.

Registered
Welp, welcome back everyone! Hope you're all healthy, happy, and hungry for morels!

It's nice to see the woods waking up 鈥 if not a little disconcerting 馃槵 Came across some Scarlet Elf Cups today in the woods in the TC metro. Dang near dropped my phone trying to take a picture... Which is why the picture is garbage 馃槄 you can see the mushroom in question in the very bottom right corner (sorry bout my big dumb leg)!

Now I don't keep very good records when it comes to Scarlet Elf Cups, but this may be the earliest I've spotted them. If it's not the earliest, it's definitely up there. Mighta seen some earlier in 2016 come to think of it.

Anyways, with some wonderful pre-season moisture headin' our way and the warmer temperatures I'm hopin' for a nice early, lengthy, and bountiful season for everyone. Last year's season was nearly a month long for me; my first harvest was on 4/30, and my last on 5/25 鈥 I'm shooting for 4/20 - 5/31 this year!

A lengthy first post of the season to kickstart a lengthy morel season! Hope you're all well, and I can't wait to see everyone's finds this year!

Registered
I cant wait to get out the basement and go hiking! Just got over the Kung Flu and i need out. Unfortunately im not supposed to leave untill next week wednesday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts