Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard for years, I've read and researched. More than most tout an extreme rarity of Colorado mountain morels. The nay-sayers are abundant, "you'll never find enough morels in Colorado for a meal," and "I've found 10 morels in as many years here."

So what's up with the lack of use on the Colorado board? Are people really not finding them? Or are we just so secretive that we won't even reveal when they're surely up?

I believe in the sharing of resources and knowledge for mutual gain ..... so I'll be the one. Morels are up in Colorado! !! I've pulled 7.5 pounds out of a wet valley around 8200-9000 feet in the last 2 days. I've probably left and crumbled another 2 pounds of dried out/old morels. That kills me. If you have property in a wet valley, and you don't want to or can't hunt it, please contact me, I'd love to hunt it. If you doubt the existence yourself on your own land, now is the time to go take a look. I've never seen abundance like this in Colorado, but maybe I'm just still inexperienced :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.