Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I really have no experience....but I've heard that it depends on how long the ground was covered and how much silt will be there. Maybe some spots will get washed with nutrients and be an explosion? I hope ya'll get into em good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
this year is most likely toast. Most particularly any spots water has sat on for any length of time. Hopefully the next several years will produce bumper crops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would think a lot of the low lands or river bottoms would be affected. But still have the hills unfortunately last year at this time I was already picking them in March. I’ve also heard the flooding could possibly be poisoning them? With all the crap that was in the water and seeped into the ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of the river bottoms currently have feet of sand spread throughout them, hopefully will eventually blow away within the next six months.

Like KB said, the next 1-3 years will be a bumper crop. Don't know if it is always solid with spores spreading, but sure seems like that with combination of the ground dying off for a year helps immensely.

Heading down to central Kansas this weekend, hopefully hit the medium-sized yellows as I was about a week early when I traveled down there last Friday. This year is definitely the year of the tree hunters!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would anyone want to go hunt together?? I have some spots I want to try. Have old spots too so not trying to steal spots. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts