Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's May 1st...There should be plenty of blacks, grays and pecker heads up by now. I made one quick search in Toledo and nothing...Things seem to be waaaay behind. Has anyone had any luck in this neck-of-the-woods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive been out 3 times in the last 4 days with no finds.
Looks at Oak Openings, Grand Rapids area and Texas, OH out west 24
C'mon Toledo folks! Keep us posted
Rain today may get them up-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went out Monday and found 25...went out yesterday after the nice rain and found about 75...they're just coming on and the rain and warm temps the next few days should really help...am west of Toledo about 30 miles...Good luck to all!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The season is unusually late to start....I'm in Monclova and have been out 4 times and have found about a dozen 1-3" greys. I usually find between 300-500 a season around here, so when they're out, I usually find at least 20 to 30 at a minimum every time out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hobu777...very cool...congrats!! Looking like might be a great season...heading up to north mich next week...hoping we're not going to be too early

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bud has a place up near Manistee, Michigan and he said they've been finding pounds of the black morels up there the last few days.

Good luck, let me know how you do up there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The season started late and then the 80+ degree days shortened the season.

That's ok....a couple of weeks of hitting the woods every day and I've about got it out of my system.

Probably found 40 or 50 ticks on me this year, got a bit of poison ivy, and the mosquitoes are out thick.

I found close to 400....a decent enough season....I enjoy hunting for them in cooler weather though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts