Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out the last couple days in the Northwest part of the state. I found 10. The ground was super dry. I think we need some more rain to really get them going. Luckily there is a lot of rain in the forecast over the next 7 days!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man Oregon area got a ton of rain. I'm talking by Cameron. I was at Wallace State Park. Walked all day and didn't find anything. Also checked down by Miami at Grand Pass Reservation Area and that's where I found a handful. But it was all by 1 tree. The ground down there was really dry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clint, I'll be at grand pass area this Saturday. Does the area get hunted a lot?
I'm actually from Nebraska so I'm not really sure. I traveled down here for the first time this year to scope out some areas. That was one area I heard good things about. I did see other people when I was there so I would say it gets hunted a bit. But it's out away from highly populated areas so maybe that helps. It was super dry out there and only found 1 group by 1 tree. Some rain should do the area good and get them really going. Good luck man! Let me know how you do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Oregon. Have been out 3 times and have been skunked. Not sure what the deal is, even the honey hole isn't producing.....yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts