1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Too much rain?

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by mushroomike, Apr 18, 2013.

1. mushroomike

mushroomike Morel Enthusiast

I better get my scuba gear ready, some of my spots are under water. Probably wont find much in them spots this year. Thankfully I have plenty of other spots to check.

2. harleydve21

harleydve21 Morel Enthusiast

My best days ever have been in rainstorms morels love the rain

3. reinstone

reinstone Morel Enthusiast

Yeah....my best days too. Only problem is that this year the nights have been too cold. Where the warm weather?

4. mushroomike

If we get some warm muggy days I think they'll be everywhere. Next weekend should be awesome.

5. harleydve21

South slopes & swamps is where I'm finding them found an awesome batch Tuesday eve I'm in so illinois

6. mushroomike

I'm in central Illinois. Macoupin County.

7. reinstone

Sangamon county here.

8. bud

bud Morel Enthusiast

Better too much rain than not enough, like last year. Like reinstone says, we need warmth! The next week looks a bit cool here in Macon County but the following week we may be in business. With a slow, gradual warm-up it could be a bumper year.

9. harleydve21

I'm in st clair co I've got a swamp that's rockin right now

10. reinstone

Well, one way too look at it is that the long range forecast changes drastically everyday. So who knows? Maybe this time next week I'm riding home from a day with a few sacks full. I trust the weather forecast about 5 days out..........remember the eighteen inches of snow we got a few weeks ago? They couldn't predict that a few days out. As far as weather goes, I don't think the old forecast models they use are valid anymore. I've just got the fever.....that's all.