Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the earliest anyone has ever found morels in upstate NY? When is everyone planning their first hunt this spring?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took my wife and 2yr old son on a scouting hike today. No fungi found but had fun exploring. Hoping we find some next weekend. Ontario/Yates counties.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went out to a trustworthy spot this afternoon and found about a dozen lil guys all under one dead elm tree. Leaving them to grow bigger so i can actually make a meal out of them! Tis the season and were just getting started in northern wayne county

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm getting excited! Hope to get out on Sunday, weather permitting. I have a great spot, but I'm afraid to try morels again this year, after my reaction last year... I'm in central FLX region, so if I find a bunch, I would be willing to share.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked a few known spots today in Jefferson Co and nothing yet. Sure felt like morel weather. And I was happy to see the ground nice and saturated. Should be soon!

Maybe I'll stumble across some early morels while chasing turkey Monday morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow great find! I would of thought it was a bit early. Congratulations!
Nice Find!! your find was in NY? I have been out all week in my early spots and nothing. The earliest I ever in 20 years was April 28th, most pictures are dated May 8th thru the 15th I log every year, amounts spots and date, LOL

1 - 20 of 273 Posts