Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

241 - 260 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
So whats the next mushroom that us upstate New Yorkers are foraging and month? I'm 2nd year into this addiction but got busy after Morel season ended last year.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We are in the spring summer lull period some can be found but worth the wait. Don't know about you guy's but my local weather has been great, nice rains but on the cooler side, once it heats up we should be on. Happy Hunting!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a conversation with a veteran Morel hunter the other day and she said that this is the best time to hunt for new Morel PG. Obviously they are past due, but very hard to miss due to their size this time of year. I took a stroll yesterday at a new location and they were everywhere! New entry made in the notebook.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had a conversation with a veteran Morel hunter the other day and she said that this is the best time to hunt for new Morel PG. Obviously they are past due, but very hard to miss due to their size this time of year. I took a stroll yesterday at a new location and they were everywhere! New entry made in the notebook.
I concur, it is a great time to find new ground.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Right? The weather hasn't been so hot for them yet. I was considering calling in and asking the chef if he really meant that.
I mean, unless his definition of upstate is literally anything north of the city. I could see potential blacks poking up in certain areas, but nothing worth picking yet. Certainly nothing noteworthy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello hotdog. Been awhile. I've been cruising around looking for new places to hunt this year n getting permission to search some promising areas. Til they start popping hopefully are excitement can b contained.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know what you mean,hopefully with this weather it's gonna be a good year. What County are you in?....I have a PG Ash behind my house, I'll post as soon as they start poking.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hotdog I'm in St Lawrence county. We just got about a 2 inches of snow n bout 3 tenths of an inch of ice. YUCK But next week it looks like warm weather is coming highs in upper 50s n 40s at night hopefully this is the end of winter. Lol

241 - 260 of 274 Posts