Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I used to hunt mushrooms every spring growing up in Indiana but not in Virginia. Can anyone advise on where to hunt in Virginia? I see posts for the mountain areas and northern VA, but nothing around my area. Williamsburg looks promising but I never see any finds from there. Appreciate any suggestions!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there. I just moved down to Va Beach from upstate New York where I had some great spots. I still am not finding anyone posting local finds here for my area. Any luck since you put this message up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know for sure you can find them just west of Richmond but that’s bout 2 hours from you. James city county around Williamsburg andyorktown seem to have the right types of woods but I’ve never known anyone to hunt there

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know for sure you can find them just west of Richmond but that’s bout 2 hours from you. James city county around Williamsburg andyorktown seem to have the right types of woods but I’ve never known anyone to hunt there
Thanks Kevin.. I'm going to head out and take a peek next week and will report back here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I used to hunt mushrooms every spring growing up in Indiana but not in Virginia. Can anyone advise on where to hunt in Virginia? I see posts for the mountain areas and northern VA, but nothing around my area. Williamsburg looks promising but I never see any finds from there. Appreciate any suggestions!
You need to head North. Go toward Williamsburg. Ive found morels in Williamsburg and surrounding areas.
I also live here at the beach

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m in VB and heading towards Williamsburg and Richmond, any suggested spots?
Hi there. I just moved down to Va Beach from upstate New York where I had some great spots. I still am not finding anyone posting local finds here for my area. Any luck since you put this message up?
Not much to find at the beach. I’ve been going towards Fredericksburg Va. and finding them. Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts