1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Wabash County

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by jsmith, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

All from wabash county

2. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

Anyone finding some in wabash county?

3. bige9771

bige9771 Young Morel

I went last night but didn't find anything. But i ran into 2 guys that had some real small ones maybe an inch to an inch and a half. Not very big at all! the ground is right for em as long as we can keep some warm weather around they will be poppin.

4. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

Went out to the state park today and only found one small spike, but talk to some guys that had found some small grays. Ill be back at it tomorrow

5. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

Found 22 grays today, it's time!!!

6. lovinshroomin

lovinshroomin Morel Enthusiast

I went to same state park monday..nothing. Good job!! Hope I find some too!!

7. rod0315

rod0315 Young Morel

I was at the salamonie reservoir today spend 6 hours found 11 small grays. Father in law walked at his door in town and found 8 of them. 4" to 6". Heading to Huntington county tomorrow

8. hippyshroomdude

hippyshroomdude Morel Enthusiast

Went out along the EEL River this evening...found 2 small grays and 1 small yellow...all around dead elms. Its just starting.. "Keep hunting my friends"

9. blindin1i

blindin1i Morel Enthusiast

Found 7 blacks and 4 fresh grays 1 1/2 -3" Start doing the rain dance and hunt on!

10. shroomsnake

shroomsnake Young Morel

found 100 to the east of you guys went back to the same spots and pick another 26 found a slew of yellows not that big 2 inches max some were 3 but i did find some 5 inch grays..

11. shroomsnake

shroomsnake Young Morel

that will be to the west of ya's my bad..

12. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

Went out to a different woods today, and found nothing :( some places are good and some places are not. KEEP LOOKING!!!!!!!!

13. clearcreekwoodswoman

clearcreekwoodswoman Young Morel

FINALLY! Found 16 morels yesterday, May 9, in northern Wabash County, near N. Manchester. Mostly greys, some yellows. Smallish--sizes ranged from 2.5--5 inches. All found within 3 feet of the base of 2 different dying elms. The most productive tree was newly dying last year, when it produced 35-40. Yesterday, I found 14 of the 16 near this tree. The other tree is pretty close to being a barkless, dead skeleton--surprising that it is still producing at all. It has produced 2-3 morels for each of the past 3 years, which is unusual in my experience. I usually find dozens the first year the tree starts losing bark and shows no leafbudding, then maybe 3-6 the next year and then typically none.
    Other trees in the same forest, similar conditions had 0 morels. Always so mysterious why one produces and another that looks equivalent in every way does not.

14. clearcreekwoodswoman

clearcreekwoodswoman Young Morel

Found 16 beautiful, large (4.5-6 inches tall and about 3 inches in diameter) yellow morels on Sat. May 11 in northern Wabash County (N. Manchester area). All under a newly dying elm (leafless but not yet shedding its bark) on a north-facing slope. Went back last night and found one more under the same tree. It appeared fresh--don't think I overlooked it on Saturday, though possible it was smaller then and hidden under leaves.

15. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

It's almost time about 1-2 more weeks!!!!

16. lovinshroomin

lovinshroomin Morel Enthusiast

@Fro!!??? You really think so?? I was thinking at least May...

17. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

Oh yeah I would say in 2 weeks or less, it's getting it warm for nothing to start happening

18. jsmith

jsmith Morel Enthusiast

19. mlada33

mlada33 Young Morel

I found 11 small blacks this morning in Grant County.. The yellows should start popping any day now..

20. huntingtonshrooms

huntingtonshrooms Morel Enthusiast

Where's the pics to prove it? The ground doesn't even look close around here.