Wabash County

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by jsmith, Apr 30, 2013.

1. hippyshroomdude

hippyshroomdude Morel Enthusiast

I found 8 nice fresh Yellows two days ago. All around dead elm trees.

2. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

Well, I hunted for 2-1/2 hrs in a woods that used to produce thousands for me, and I only found 26 morel. That wore this old 85 yr old body out. However, I think they will continue coming up as long as this cold then warm weather continues.

1 person likes this.

3. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Well lets hope so old man i just need i good last batch for a good meal. I know what you mean about your woods some that iv hunted for many years and they did produce know they dont grow any at all.

1 person likes this.
  4. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

How goes it in grant, Wabash, Miami, Huntington, Madison counties?

5. steelwheels99

steelwheels99 Morel Enthusiast

I was in Miami on Saturday and found a few, looked prime but a little early, I will be headed back on Thursday or Friday morning to the Mississinewa state forest

6. brushbusterbutch

brushbusterbutch Morel Enthusiast

I found 68 fresh grays and yellows Sunday in Wabash Co. They were growing in low lying areas. I found 4 in Huntington County yesterday on higher ground but they were dry. Today and tomorrow's rain should get them going good.

To steelwheels, I hunted Mississinewa state forest for the first time last year. Didn't do any good, but it's very large and I imagine a person would have to spend a lot of time there to find good spots.

7. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Yea alot of time n miss all the other people

8. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Gonna go to the mighty missisenwa tomorrow n friday to a couple spots, won't mess with it over the weekend will be to many other people out, that's when you head for the private woods

9. jeff smith

jeff smith Morel Enthusiast

Our season is so late this year :(

1 person likes this.
  10. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

I havent been out yet, but my grand daughter found a doz spikes and a couple small morel-Miami county

2 people like this.
  11. shane crump

shane crump Young Morel

im hoping that its still going to be a good year we need rain now

12. shane crump

shane crump Young Morel

im going out tomm so im hoping to find at least supper for a couple nights

13. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

I will hit my hottest spots tomorrow. One of my granddaughters has found some spikes. And a small morel.

1 person likes this.
  14. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

Tomorrow I will hunt a good woods near LaFontaine, that produced pretty good last year, but nothing like it did before the drought

1 person likes this.
  15. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

Good luck on Missiniwa-there are many good spots I used to walk way back too, but at 87 I park as close as I can to a few spots I know. LOL.

16. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Good luck I'd think they be popping

T tom likes this.
  17. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Yea I here ya but going deep is the thing to do sometime but very understandable

T tom and (deleted member) like this.
  18. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

@old man did you do any good other day? Went to miss Saturday afternoon n found 7. Their was definitely alot of people out

T tom likes this.
  19. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

Where were you today, Brown Co St Park is happening. My guess is that 2
    weeks from now you will still find them. Sunny spots are where we found them and there is a lot of North facing hills.

20. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

I was at mississinewa res this afternoon n found 7 Grey's. Was like shit that pic of Tess holding the one look like a pipe. Hell that one maybe two of ones you all found was about equal to all the ones I've found so far, right around 20, they have all been about 1 inch. I have found them all in same area since last Saturday. A hipster had been 10-15 feet away from the ones found today cause found cig butt

T tom likes this.