1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Waupaca County grays

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by rbielema, May 15, 2014.

1. rbielema

rbielema Young Morel

Was mowing my front lawn in rural New London (Waupaca Co.) on Tuesday night when I found 11 good-sized gray morels in a cluster! Never found them there before. We lost an ash tree at about that site back in 2001 and maybe that is connected. Also a sumac tree stump very close. The wife then found 4 more fresh grays in the back woods! We ate them immediately! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. lovetohuntfungi

lovetohuntfungi Young Morel

Can't wait to have a really good trek around SW Waupaca County!!! Maybe the area is prime for "lucky finds" like you had; last year we found a few in some landscaping and around the parking area by our parents' home. Hoping to find a lot along an elm ridge that usually gives up a pretty good harvest. The only bad thing is that we have to wait until MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!! Please keep us updated on your finds in the area so we know what to expect...

3. shroomin

shroomin Young Morel

goin out again thurs for my second time. came up empty saturday :/

4. lovetohuntfungi

lovetohuntfungi Young Morel

Going out today to see what we can see. Will be checking on pine and elm ridges mostly; we've had lots of luck the past few years in these areas.