West Virginia Message Board (New)

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by cattiejo85, Oct 17, 2012.

1. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

45 more Today, Got off work early so I decided to go look at the small yellows I spotted last week. Some had been eaten by critters, and some had grown up lol. This rain Thursday should have them flushing.
    Oh all under sycamore and small ash in wide grassy creek bottoms East to West full sun all day areas. The greys are from the same holler just 1 shelf up from the bottom, I was to tired to check the ridge lol.

2. macheteeddy

macheteeddy Morel Enthusiast

Mbd I emailed u but never got anything back. Not sure if I did it right of not. Anyone that wants to email me mine is [email protected] Went today. One blonde in my one spot I found the ten greys that was it.

3. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

I just emailed you back. It's been crazy at work

Saw the forecast for next week. Starting Monday they are calling for 5-6 straight days in the 80s with little rain. The clock is ticking for sure now. 1-2 weeks left in the lowlands, maybe longer up in the mountains. The ones that are left out there should be popping and getting big by the weekend.

4. thepetcompanion

thepetcompanion Young Morel

Hi. I'm new to hunting. I live in Charles town..the eastern panhandle. I found about six under a bunch of white pines and about a dozen grey looking ones in the grass about 20 feet from the edge of the pines. Where do you find woods of elms? My woods I was told was mostly locust

5. thepetcompanion

thepetcompanion Young Morel

Someone told me they can be found around May apple plants. Is this true? I know a patch of woods where thee whole floor is May apples

6. amanita rubescens

amanita rubescens Morel Enthusiast

The Gods are Good, i was 8 days off! Glad i sporulated and woke up from my long overwintering period, just in time. Saturday is going to be unreal......Trophies!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  7. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Good deal Amanita. I'm thinking this weekend should be good too. Last night was warm with rain and calling for 70's this weekend. Should get them flushed out. I'll be in the woods both days, cant wait. I still can't believe the season is almost over, seems like I was just sitting here with 5" of snow on the ground looking at pictures from last year.

8. dubv27

dubv27 Morel Enthusiast

thepetcompanion ...i hunt in your area as well i live in inwood wv 20mins from charles town and yes the may apples are a good sign we have elm tree's around i just started hunting myself but have done alot of reading and watched alot of chris matherley's videos. my email is [email protected] i found a few or so in bunker hill

9. macheteeddy

macheteeddy Morel Enthusiast

Looked all day. Found 1.

10. amanita rubescens

amanita rubescens Morel Enthusiast

142!!!!! 130 yellows and a few greys..... Bout 1-2 weeks in Harrison co, focus to the mts...

11. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

WV folks....time to wake up. What do you all think of the weather and extended forecast? Looks like we may be in for an early season. The next 5 days look like high of 70s and 50s at night. But 5 days on looks like lows getting back down into the 40s and 30s. Last year my first find was April 10.

12. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur Sponsor

I just updated my Camo Mesh Bags. New Material available - Heavy Duty Nylon is still available as well.

Here is a link to the shop, This new camo is being displayed on a brand new material. It is a Micro Polyester Mesh - Spore Friendly !

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271436227/morel-spore-friendly-mesh-bag-hardwood?ref=shop_home_active_1

This camo is also available in my double panel nylon Heavy Duty Mesh bags. Maximum size is 12 x 18.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Moderators----Can we please get this Nutsak moron off the board? Or at least delete his spam posts?

14. nate

nate Morel Connoisseur

15. dubv27

dubv27 Morel Enthusiast

Easternpanhadle here. Can't wait to get out in the woods. Will post my finds. Happy morel west virginia!!!

16. farmboy7261

farmboy7261 Morel Enthusiast

i live in capon bridge ill let you now if i find any 2016 have fun be happy...

17. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

I haven't heard of a single morel found in WV so far. I think all the finds have been to the west in Ohio and South. Seems like everything East of Ohio and down into parts of TN and KY haven't found anything yet. Cool down this weekend with another warm up next week. I'm thinking April 1 in my area.

18. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur Sponsor

yeah MBD still dry on the ohio river.
    Hopefully it stays fairly warm at night this weekend and Just like you said Ap1 or the week leading up to that date should be season opener with some decent blacks

19. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Saw on another forum where WV is now on the board. A few small blacks found down near Charleston.

20. dubv27

dubv27 Morel Enthusiast

its on that damn weather here in the eastern panhandle. some nights getting down to freezing! Berkeley county and Jefferson county is where im at. cant wait to get in them woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!