1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

what's popping in NEO?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by akronite, Apr 23, 2015.

1. akronite

akronite Young Morel

New to this site from Summit County. Went out today in several areas but nothing spotted, was hoping to at least see something small to come back to. Has anyone else in the northern region had luck yet?

2. cooley

cooley Morel Connoisseur

Nothing so far checked several spots I'm in Trumbull Co. Did find a few false ones 36 here today!

3. akronite

akronite Young Morel

36...way more than a few.lol. Temps go back up Wednesday and hopefully gets things growing

4. jdk32581

jdk32581 Morel Connoisseur

Cooley

Just out of curiosity where do you usually find your falses? Terrain, soil, trees etc.

5. cooley

cooley Morel Connoisseur

I found the ones this year around dead elm an tulip tree They were the gyromitra but have found verpas around tulip mostly they are a little harder for some to tell but the stem has a cotton fiber and the main part of the shroom is not pitted it looks wavy. Some say they eat them but I won't nor would never recommend it! As far as soil I guess I never really paid attention but the 3 trees I have seen false ones are elm, ash and tulip!

6. lilmer1

lilmer1 Morel Enthusiast

Usually falsies grow in the same conditions. I have seen quite a few so far this year. I am in the page lakes area and I have found one small gray so far. That was two days ago. I'm going back today to see if it has grown any or if the cold killed it..