1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

What Dead Elms Look Like - Video

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by shroomcrafter, May 10, 2013.

1. shroomcrafter

shroomcrafter Morel Connoisseur

For newbies, or veteran shroomers needing a refresher, here is a link to my YouTube video posted after last season (2012), “How to Identify Dead Elms.” It focuses on dead elms, not morels. To see the shrooms found under these same trees check out my companion videos, “Confessions of a Tree Hunter – Part One and Part Two.” Part One netted 14 lbs, and Part Two ended with 9 lbs, in 2012, which was a poor year for most of us due to the very early spring.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wi_MM8-Yj4[/video]

2. supershroomery

supershroomery Young Morel

Great video, thank you for sharing!

3. shroomcrafter

Thank you, supershroomery. I would be thrilled to hear of anyone who finds several pounds of morels, or a motherlode, after learning how to identify dead elms from watching my video.

4. swoozy

swoozy Young Morel

Shroomcrafter, thank you so much for posting the videos! Looking forward to getting out and trying tree hunting!

5. shroomcrafter

You're welcome, swoozy, and thanks for watching. If you have dead elms in your hunting areas just keep checking them and you will eventually find them by the pounds. Don't get discouraged. Sometimes I have to look under several trees before I start finding them. Good luck to you. When you do well, I hope you will post your results, hopefully a picture!