1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

What will this cold weather do?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by jdk32581, Apr 22, 2015.

1. jdk32581

jdk32581 Morel Connoisseur

Anyone have any experience or opinions on what effect a late April cold snap will have on the morel season? I would guess it may help extend the blacks a little but will it hurt the grey/yellow season? Make the yellows better? Later?

I have not been hunting morels long enough to have any frame of reference for varying weather conditions over multiple seasons or mental notes of the results?

2. jacknash711

jacknash711 Young Morel

I believe the recent cold snap will slow/stop them but a big warm up will cause them to pop out of the ground.

3. imfubar

imfubar Morel Enthusiast

This cold is doing my clark county patches good, i already checked them over the weekend most of which are from 1 to 2 inches and will check them weekly till they are fully matured and grown. I have hunted the clark county area for 35 years and the best and longest seasons are ALWAYS colder. Only why i even check them this early is cause i live in indiana and can only check every week or more. Good luck and happy hunting