when will you find your first morel

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by sweats71, Apr 7, 2013.

1. morelseeker

morelseeker Morel Connoisseur

You might try using google maps to locate an area to hunt. As I have stated in the past I only give the relative areas, I don't pinpoint the spots or give GPS co-ordinates. These are very large areas so you will have to do some considerable hunting. Good luck, have fun!

2. morelseeker

morelseeker Morel Connoisseur

I really can't understand why some people can't just do something for someone else instead of doing something to someone else. Trash talking a person down only destroys. Making up things about someone and telling other people lies to turn them against that person also destroys innocent lives. I wouldn't be very proud of myself if that is what I did.
    Some people on some other boards here have given out information as to where to go find morels. They are doing good by helping others. We need to take lessons from them. I checked out one of those areas and it was only a 460 acre woods,yet that person was willing to share, to love another. A little kindness goes a long way.
    When I was young I found some pounds of morels in Mi. ,ate all I wanted then looked around to elders in the community ,strangers to me and gave them the rest I had that day. Sometimes they looked as if they were the baddest people on earth but when a little kindness came their way those eyes would light up and they would smile; maybe for the first time in a while. I still give away morels to this day. Or if people look able bodied I'll give them a clue where to go.
    Just love one another, we need to pull together not apart.

2 people like this.

3. scott c

scott c Morel Connoisseur

Bu bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Morelseeker, your intentions are be good but you may be giving away spots that some of the people that you are concerend about "not able bodied". maybe give less specific directions to those that you are advising so they have a chance to learn how to use maps,research and become a lifelong morel hunter and not just a picker. good luck to all and may your bags be full

1 person likes this.
  5. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

THATS RIGHT

6. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

And THATS RIGHT

7. elmgirl

elmgirl Morel Connoisseur

Any suggestion s on good spots in boyne

8. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The only area I have hunted in that area is N.E. of you but you will need to either drive or walk in deep. A lot of tree harvesting in that area in the easy to get to areas and some of the fire trails there can get a little dicey. If you do not have a topographical map book of each county in Mi. I would suggest one. When you get downstate near Ithaca, Mt. Pleasant area look for the little signs alongside the interstate that tell you what gas stations are off that exit, look for a Meijer gas station, they usually carry that type of map book. If you do not find one I will give you info. on how to get one when you get home. I hope to hear good reports.

1 person likes this.