Where are we all located?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by shroom hunting hippy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Keep us posted.ITTSS ALIVVE.

2. duckhunter82

duckhunter82 Morel Enthusiast

Hello everybody I hunt in licking, prerry, and knox counties but like to travel to anywear that has the spongy goodness

3. skilletlicker

skilletlicker Morel Enthusiast

I live in Kettering but hunt all over... Adams Co. (peebles area), Clinton (Sinking Springs, Latham), Greene and Warren...pretty much anywhere I have an opportunity and a place!

4. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Skiletlicker I hunt almost the same areas.I live in Xenia.Verry familiar with stinking springs .

5. thunter

thunter Morel Connoisseur

Live in fairfield co., do most of my trekking in hocking co.

6. morel_master

morel_master Morel Enthusiast

7. skilletlicker

Ant, do you know folks down there? I A lot of my family are/were from that area.

8. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Yeah skilletlicker I kmow some folks down there.Not as many as I used to but still a few.902nd Is one and hes still lurkimg on here.I just talked to him Moose used to live in stinking springs.She is a cool chick.As long as youre not a young guy.She has chains.LOL!

9. cm shrooms

cm shrooms Morel Enthusiast

~Greene Co.~ Here! Close to Xenia surrounding areas. In my younger days, I grew up down south, Hillsboro, Bainbridge, Stinking Springs, Peebles ect. They are getting closer as they were found in KY! Still cold here, upper 30's. Haven't had any luck with finding Blacks, I think I am looking for them at the wrong time. :-? Good to see the Board getting Active!!
    @ All Good Luck on Your Hunts! Be Safe!

CM Shrooms ~Greene Co.~
    Cindy

10. skilletlicker

thats awesome, my uncle lived on 124 outta sinking springs, about a mile before you get to Longs, big white farmhouse, old barns, hills were always mowed and kept looking pristine. Used to hunt, mushrooms hunt and ride atv's all over the place there. Also, parents are originally from Poplar Grove, Hackleshin, Bettys Creek areas. Still have a few places to hunt but like you said, don't know too many folks anymore, most are dead and gone...

11. heliotropicmoth

heliotropicmoth Young Morel

Warren County. Caesar creek state park is my front yard. Just moved here a couple years ago. Has anyone heard of people finding morels in the park?

12. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Skillet we need to get together when they start popen.902nd has got some land lined up to pick.Down around Rarden.
    @heliotropicmoth CC is good hunting.You just gota look.Try the office area.

13. morelseeker

morelseeker Morel Connoisseur

14. madharp58

madharp58 Morel Enthusiast

Madison County here...been reading posts and watching this board for several years, just never posted. You learn more when you listen than when your jaws are flapping! :idea: A few of us hunt from southern parts of Kentucky to the "state up north " every year. Great topics and great information guys and most definitely gals! Cmon' sunshine!

15. buckeyebrett

buckeyebrett Morel Enthusiast

Extreme SE Medina County here. If any of you Wayne County folks want to hit it this Spring...give me a heads up!

16. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman Morel Connoisseur

NE Ohio here, near Youngstown. I have a few small parcels of private land to hunt. Mostly hunt public, Mill Creek Park in particular. Met some other shroomers out there last year and nobody was finding anything! Hoping for better this year. I'm a newb, only got into it last year, and haven't found anything yet, so I have no established spots. What a year to start, huh? What got me into it was I joined a hunting & fishing club in PA, that is right on the Ohio border, and has about a million dead elm trees on it! A couple of members told me they hunt morels there and do pretty well in a normal year. I have found hens and chickens there, and last Fall some puffballs that I didn't know were edible! :oops: Oh well, I remember exactly where they were. Good luck everybody.

17. shroomdoggiedog

shroomdoggiedog Morel Enthusiast

South Eastern Ohio . Wont be to long till someone finds a few

18. cotton

cotton Young Morel

Columbus but we regularly hunt muskingum county to

19. dianneincincy

dianneincincy Morel Enthusiast

Hi all,
    I've just joined and am very interested in hunting for mushrooms. I've wanted to do it for a long time. I've been doing research on real and false ones. I live in Cincinnati. I'm from Butler County and I've lived in Clermont County (Goshen).

Glad to be here!

20. puffball 33

puffball 33 Morel Enthusiast

From morrow co. I was on here last year started talking to a scott c for awhile seemed to be a good guy and very helpful if he is still on here would like to say thanks to him and wish all good luck this year