Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been here several years, miss hunting for them like I did in northern mo, the people that look for them here, won't tell me where to look. with all the rocks, the area is a lot different than I was used to. Any suggestions? Anyone finding them down here yet?

thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Washes with a mix of sycamore and wild rose (sticker bushes) ,
red and black oaks can produce a few ,
and pretty much any tree that appears to be injured or dying is worth looking at in my opinion.

hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • I am just starting out with this new hobby and wondering where to start? And when? In the Ozarks NW Arkansas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • I am just starting out with this new hobby and wondering where to start? And when? In the Ozarks NW Arkansas

·
Registered
98 Posts
  • I am just starting out with this new hobby and wondering where to start? And when? In the Ozarks NW Arkansas
Watch this forum for posts from your area . I‘m in East central MO, so your season will begin before ours does. I’d speculate mid May would be time to start paying attention.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Watch this forum for posts from your area . I‘m in East central MO, so your season will begin before ours does. I’d speculate mid May would be time to start paying attention.
I hunted Eastern Nebraska for 50 years, skunked there in 2018 and 2019. Now in Springfield, about 6 years ago we found our first signs on March 30. About dates can be + or - 5 weeks either way. Either way its about the search and hunt. I am getting ready now in my new area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hunted Eastern Nebraska for 50 years, skunked there in 2018 and 2019. Now in Springfield, about 6 years ago we found our first signs on March 30. About dates can be + or - 5 weeks either way. Either way its about the search and hunt. I am getting ready now in my new area.
I have scouted out a few places in the springfield area last year that look promising. I would be down to meet up and we could check them out this year. Last year was a total bust for me but all my friends in the area didnt have much luck either. It should be a bumper crop this year with all the snow =) Me and my wife love hunting mushrooms and there are lots of good ones to eat besides morels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!! I’m in Branson in the process of moving my mom to KC... anyone up for meeting to walk or secretly give me an area to try? It’s a one and done for me here & im scared of walking where I shouldn’t and get shot at or something!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I live in Omaha right by Branson. And this is one of my new Bobby's this year! I would love for some pointers and you can come look with me on my land over here about 100 acres or so wooded. I got to do some things today but maybe tomorrow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts