Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some maps of the Wildfires this last summer/fall in "Far Northern" California. These include the million acre August Complex, the Zogg Fire outside of Redding, the North Complex near Oroville and Paradise, and the Slater/Devil Fire on the Calif/Oregon border near Happy Camp. The only good thing that may come out of these terrible fires would be a good Morel season! I hope we all get a good season this year....Happy Shroomin'. August Complex  11-2020.jpg North Complex  10-7-2020.jpg 2020_10_24-10.06.34.002-CDT.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! It’s my first CA morel season and I’m thrilled to be here. I want to check out the burn site near Orovile. Is there road access open into that area? I’d be spending a few days and camping each night. I’d hate to drive all the way and find out there is no access. I’m from back east and we barely ever have wildfires and I don’t know what I’m doing yet haha. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! It’s my first CA morel season and I’m thrilled to be here. I want to check out the burn site near Orovile. Is there road access open into that area? I’d be spending a few days and camping each night. I’d hate to drive all the way and find out there is no access. I’m from back east and we barely ever have wildfires and I don’t know what I’m doing yet haha. Thanks!
Check out the 'North-Complex' map that I uploaded; There are many ways but a couple that are probably the easiest is to take Hwy 89 heading east out of Quincy and there are some roads going down into the area, also you could go up Hwy 70, across Lake Oroville, then east toward Big Bend. The route that looks like it has the most access is going east out of Oroville (on the 215/61 on this map) and around the south east end of the lake then north up into the main area.
It really depends on which direction you're coming from; check out that map close and good luck! Happy Shroomin'..........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here are some maps of the Wildfires this last summer/fall in "Far Northern" California. These include the million acre August Complex, the Zogg Fire outside of Redding, the North Complex near Oroville and Paradise, and the Slater/Devil Fire on the Calif/Oregon border near Happy Camp. The only good thing that may come out of these terrible fires would be a good Morel season! I hope we all get a good season this year....Happy Shroomin'. View attachment 37081 View attachment 37082 View attachment 37083
anything from the huge fire that happened in the mendocino national forest?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anything from the huge fire that happened in the mendocino national forest?
Yeah, that would be the 'August Complex" that I uploaded. That one was not very detailed; Here is a better one but it is huge to download so be patient. I already reduced it 50%. AUGUST COMPLEX.jpg It's directly from USFS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts