1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Will county morels 2014

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by avidangler84, Apr 27, 2014.

1. avidangler84

avidangler84 Morel Enthusiast

I couldn't find a thread for the Will County area so I figured if start one. Has anyone found any morels yet? I've been out quite a bit and haven't seen any. Low night time temps and slow change to nice weather is putting a damper on things. My initial guess was beginning of may hopefully that happens. Temps this week are going to be between 55-70ish. With several chances for rain. Post some pics and sightings when you find some ill do the same!

2. papa smurf

papa smurf Morel Enthusiast

Will county. That over by Chicago? I found a few today on opposite side of the State. ( Whiteside Co. ) I do have pics on my phone.

3. avidangler84

Yea south and west of cook county(Chicago) basically. Usually good picking. It will heat up anytime now. Last season I got 250+ all
    New spots also. Got pushed out of my old spots due to competition and did great. Some from last year... These were found may 1 2013. This years gonna be a little later here.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

4. johnathanm9

johnathanm9 Young Morel

im over in hammond and havnt seen a thing yet, noone i know has, they they hopefully this week

5. dorskh

dorskh Young Morel

Avidangler if you are looking for a hunting buddy let me know! I just moved to will and am a pretty experienced hunter!! Would love to cover some ground and discover some new spots. I have a few in mind!

6. shedhunter

shedhunter Young Morel

They are up here in will county. Found 10 today 2 blonds and 8 small greys. Early and small still but first time out. Found them in
    Direct sunlight off a road. Picked the blonds and left the greys to grow this week. Happy hunting.

7. shedhunter

shedhunter Young Morel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124027254@N02/

Here you go. I've been following this site for a long time now, I find over 15 lbs per year. I don't need to make up stories about finding them.

8. shedhunter

shedhunter Young Morel

This message was meant to inform those who care that they can be found up here. If I had a newspaper I would answer your request for a picture. I live in glen ellyn and work in will county and find all of my morels in one piece of private land. I have found them in this spot as early as end of March 2012. If you feel the need harass and name call that I am finding morels than so be it. Leave the foul and rude language with all those mushrooms you are missing. Again happy hunting everyone.

9. metal

metal Morel Enthusiast

I believe you ShedHunter. I know its still too early, but you could have found some flukes, especially in direct sunlight where the ground warms up faster. I can't believe how fast some of the plant life has taken off from this rain the last 48 hours. I'm gonna check a couple early spots of mine this weekend to see how things are shaping up. I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple micro's myself?

10. rubbertoe21

rubbertoe21 Morel Enthusiast

I just saw a picture last night with a newspaper on a facebook group of some yellows found in Lasalle county. if they are up in Lasalle they are up in Will, Dupage & Cook. Ill be hunting this week during lunch from work in Dupage & Will counties and this weekend in Lasalle!!!!!

11. avidangler84

I got a pic from a friend last night her friend found 2 small ones in the area. I know it's close I'm sure there's some up but I haven't seen any. The first groups always the hardest.

12. rubbertoe21

jmiff78,

I went out today at lunch on the Cook/Will county border and got these.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. rubbertoe21

jmiff78,

You caught me. I actually picked these in Kentucky and drove 12 hrs to the south suburbs to take a photo of 4 small mushrooms just to try to convince you that they were up in the area. I do apologize,

14. metal

metal Morel Enthusiast

Nice finds rubbertoe. I just posted on the DuPage board. They are just coming up, small like you said, I left the 5 I found to pick hopefully this weekend if nobody finds them? 2 small greys and 3 very small yellow's. I can shoot a live documentary and post it on youtube with dates and times if no one believes me, lmao! The haters are out again I see......

15. botr

botr Morel Enthusiast

I cut a dozen off on Sunday. Heading back out Thursday, they are up guys but just starting.

16. ittlepuddn

ittlepuddn Young Morel

YES!!!!!! :mrgreen: I have been watching for signs of hope since the snow started melting!!!! Going out with the family ASAP!!!! Thanks for the post everyone! Hope to show pictures soon!!! :cool:

17. david - sw il

david - sw il Morel Connoisseur

Jmiff is a s#!tbum loser that can't find any morels so he'd rather troll and harrass people on a mushroom forum. Real classy guy...get a life, pal.

Nice early finds. Warmth is on the way next week!

18. skidoo600

skidoo600 Young Morel

Found first small gray yesterday.

19. mushroomhawk

mushroomhawk Young Morel

Found 245 greys in will county just yesterday. They're out you just gotta have the eye

20. mushroomhawk

mushroomhawk Young Morel

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017