Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Harley, sorry bro you are so wrong. Every morel starts out the same size. Some grow slower, some faster, some shorter, some longer but they all keep growing till they die. I have tended morels for up to 33 days (that's from the day found which it was prolly 2-6 days old at the time). It all matters when you find them the first time. Early season morels have the best chance at long growth cycles due to having cooler temps and usually more rain than in mid to late season. Late season is almost always rapid growth and death. Season length is determined by average temp + rainfall. Lower temps more rain = 6 weeks or more. Higher average temps means the lack of cold air for thunderstorms which means Higher temp + less rain= 2-4 weeks depending on how warm and how little rain. You remember last year? 2 week season on average.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Harley, so your theory is they just pop out of the ground just the way you find them huh? Well do this test for me, Take a morel and try to push it back into the ground and see if that works, or into a pot of very loose soil. Saying or thinking they don't grow is just crazy and it only proves you have never let them grow or you have only tried it with one shroom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh and millions of morels is a exaggeration or an out right lie. Just a million would be 25000 a year for 50 years which you not knowing that they grow tells me you have maybe found hundreds at most in the few years you've been hunting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Harley, why the name calling? But since you started it, there is only one moron here and it's the person that calls others a moron for knowing something they don't have the experience to understand. Maybe when you get a few more years under your belt you'll get it. But I believe I know why you think such things, it's because someone you believe told you about morels and you just get imagine finding out they were/are wrong. And here is another clue for you, don't recall anyone saying that every morel grows after you find them because it matters what time of their life cycle you find them at. I also understand that you are never going to admit that you are wrong but you will call others moron even though they are right.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@morel, so an 3 inch morel has the same weight if it "expands" to 8 inches? Now getting grumbly, are you sure your not talking about blacks or half frees? Those are the only fragile morels I've seen. Because I've never seen any other morel get dry enough to grumble, they will rot and or die before they dry out completely (which getting dry isn't the reason blacks and halves grumble because if you squeeze them there is still moisture). I could be wrong because I pass up thousands of both every year cause they are too fragile even when fresh (although less fragile when fresh) and not worth my time. Your typical greys and yellows will get rubbery/tougher as they dry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Harley.. First, I believe 99% of everyone on these forums know they grow so if there are magic morels then they would be yours. You know, the ones that just pop up out of the ground. Second, I don't care how long you claim to have been hunting because you obviously have never left a morel to find out if they grow. Third, I also don't care how many morels you claim to have found because obviously you haven't found very many or again you would know that they grow. Lets just put it this way, you may have found a lot of morels in your days but just spouting off that you have found so many more than I have or anyone else for that matter proves that you will say some pretty dumb things. Bottom line is, the fact that you don't know that they grow is practically all the proof I need to know that you haven't found near as many as I have and probably not even as many as I have in a single season. I'm not claiming to have found more than any body but you because I know there are plenty of people out that are fortunate enough to live in the right part of the world and lucky enough to have prime area to hunt. I will claim that I can find morels as good as anyone and better than most because I find on average 2000 morels per season hunting public land where I know that dozens minimum to hundreds of other people hunt and that's not counting what I find on private land. I have done the research and my own studies for 25 years (hunting for 35) and for you to tell me they don't grow when it is something that I know to be "FACT" is only making yourself sound like a fool to me and everyone else in this forum that knows for a "FACT" that they grow. So just because someone told you that they just pop up does not make it reality. Example: Some people say they have seen bigfoot, does that mean there are sasquatch running around in the woods super camouflaged that nobody else but a select few people can see them? So until someone can show real proof that they exist then they will always sound just as dumb as you. I "CAN" prove that morels grow, everyone can prove it, even you. I will bet you 10 grand right now that I "CAN" prove they grow if you bet me 10 grand that you or anyone else CAN prove that they "DON'T" grow. By all means please try and prove they don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.