Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Of course they grow! Now of course if hunting public land you will most likely pick it or you wont find it again! I own 9 acres and put glass jars and paper bags on them! Let them grow till you see the first signs of browning, and then pick them! I have seen them triple in size in 7-10 days! This seems to work best with the grays! Use only rain water also!

· Registered
51 Posts
@Harley.. First, I believe 99% of everyone on these forums know they grow so if there are magic morels then they would be yours. You know, the ones that just pop up out of the ground. Second, I don't care how long you claim to have been hunting because you obviously have never left a morel to find out if they grow. Third, I also don't care how many morels you claim to have found because obviously you haven't found very many or again you would know that they grow. Lets just put it this way, you may have found a lot of morels in your days but just spouting off that you have found so many more than I have or anyone else for that matter proves that you will say some pretty dumb things. Bottom line is, the fact that you don't know that they grow is practically all the proof I need to know that you haven't found near as many as I have and probably not even as many as I have in a single season. I'm not claiming to have found more than any body but you because I know there are plenty of people out that are fortunate enough to live in the right part of the world and lucky enough to have prime area to hunt. I will claim that I can find morels as good as anyone and better than most because I find on average 2000 morels per season hunting public land where I know that dozens minimum to hundreds of other people hunt and that's not counting what I find on private land. I have done the research and my own studies for 25 years (hunting for 35) and for you to tell me they don't grow when it is something that I know to be "FACT" is only making yourself sound like a fool to me and everyone else in this forum that knows for a "FACT" that they grow. So just because someone told you that they just pop up does not make it reality. Example: Some people say they have seen bigfoot, does that mean there are sasquatch running around in the woods super camouflaged that nobody else but a select few people can see them? So until someone can show real proof that they exist then they will always sound just as dumb as you. I "CAN" prove that morels grow, everyone can prove it, even you. I will bet you 10 grand right now that I "CAN" prove they grow if you bet me 10 grand that you or anyone else CAN prove that they "DON'T" grow. By all means please try and prove they don't.

· Registered
851 Posts
Here's the cluster growth sequence. What actually happened after the 3/30 pic was taken is that I harvested the larger ones, recovered the cluster and the smaller ones had free space to continue to grow and I harvested around 16-17 as big as the largest 4 in the 3/30 pic. ]//i.imgur.com/iKJe79E.png[/img]

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.