Wood/Wirt/and Ritchie Countys

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by pbwv, Apr 6, 2014.

1. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

No. The half free is a true morel, they look almost identical to the verpa, but the Verpas have this cottony substance in the stems. I've never seen this many Verpas, they're literally everywhere. Blacks are still babies. I'm thining it's going to be a great year.

2. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

Found 6 nice blacks just sticking from the leaves all in a 10 ft. area. Most about the size of a bic lighter. With a little rain, and if temps stay about the same as last 2 days, I think we should be flushing nxt weekend. And yes verpas galore in my bottom areas. Blacks were in a old hill top dump site that's mostly glass bottles and half buried concrete blocks. I find my first morels there every year, the old blocks help warm the ground from all day sun I think, But im no scientist. I just know they grow there lol.

3. bltii

bltii Morel Enthusiast

looking to go to Putnam county when they start popping up. I live in Columbus Ohio and have family in Buffalo. They have 40 acres that but up to over 150 that we can hunt. Hoping they would pop up sooner down there than up here. The blacks are about an inch now. this weekend I will pick those.

4. put148

put148 Morel Enthusiast

MBD, I glad to see your pic. Gives me another thing to show wife to make sure she or I does not make a mistake. Have a stupid question though, how do you post a pic on here. I see where you can do an image url but I don't know how that works or maybe it is because I am on an Ipad

5. farmboy7261

farmboy7261 Morel Enthusiast

i found two small ones to day Hampshire county blond... good luck ..

6. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

put148 -
    I use photbucket to post my pics. There ar IMG codes and URL codes you can use for message boards. Just have to copy them and post them in your reply.