Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like it will be a normal Mid April start here in NCWV. 10 day forecast looks favorable, temps in the 60s and 70s. Only had 2.4" of rain in my area in March so that's a concern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm hoping to get out toward the end of the week. Thinking things should be started by then. I will let you know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw on FB guys posting from Fayetville way a bunch of big mature greys and yellows. They swear up and down its legit, but I cant see it yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just hopped on for the first time today lol. Going to take a long walk tomorrow and will let you know how things look in the wood county area. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I walked my woods in Western Harrison Co. Found the remnants of one tiny grey. Nothing else above the leaf litter yet. Woods were extremely dry so I'm hoping the rain tonight and tomorrow give us a good soak. Temps int he 80s today should help get things moving even more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I walked my woods in Western Harrison Co. Found the remnants of one tiny grey. Nothing else above the leaf litter yet. Woods were extremely dry so I'm hoping the rain tonight and tomorrow give us a good soak. Temps int he 80s today should help get things moving even more.
Hey Mbdola! I feel ya..exact condition of my woods. This rain should help both of us..Hope Ya pick loads of em!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anybody picked southern WV? I’m gonna be in the Delbarton area this weekend riding and was just wondering if anybody was havin any luck. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
A buddy of mine picked in Boone County Wednesday. The picture he posted that I saw had 68 greys that he and one other found that day.
I am in Raleigh County they are not up where I hunt. With my elevation over 3500 feet I am about 2 weeks behind Boone County.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts