WV Morels 2019

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by mbdola, Mar 20, 2019.

1. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Anyone from years past lurking on the board yet?

2. eggbo

eggbo Morel Enthusiast

I'm here. Underbrush trying to green up. Went out for a nice Sunday drive yesterday. Getting itchy.

3. rotorhead

rotorhead Morel Enthusiast

Rotorhead is here! Can’t wait to get started.

4. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Seems like it will be a normal Mid April start here in NCWV. 10 day forecast looks favorable, temps in the 60s and 70s. Only had 2.4" of rain in my area in March so that's a concern.

5. eggbo

eggbo Morel Enthusiast

I agree mid month looking good and a little rain wouldn't hurt. I am in Harrison County.

6. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Harrison County here too.

7. eggbo

eggbo Morel Enthusiast

I'm hoping to get out toward the end of the week. Thinking things should be started by then. I will let you know.

8. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

I saw on FB guys posting from Fayetville way a bunch of big mature greys and yellows. They swear up and down its legit, but I cant see it yet.

9. rotorhead

rotorhead Morel Enthusiast

Went to my early spot in Morgantown. Counted 15 before backing out so as not to step on any. I think it’s going to be a good year!! 397BDABF-432C-44F5-A095-824A2696AC46.jpeg

10. HawkeyeMerkels

HawkeyeMerkels Morel Connoisseur

Nice Find RotorHead! HappyHunting & look foward to more pics!

11. Abiding_Dude

Abiding_Dude Morel Enthusiast

Nice find. Nothin yet for me but it’ll be here any day. Turkey season next week so wear ur orange if ur out pickin in the mornings

1 person likes this.
  12. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

PBWV, Amanita.....you guys lurking????

13. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

Just hopped on for the first time today lol. Going to take a long walk tomorrow and will let you know how things look in the wood county area. Good luck everyone.

1 person likes this.
  14. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

I walked my woods in Western Harrison Co. Found the remnants of one tiny grey. Nothing else above the leaf litter yet. Woods were extremely dry so I'm hoping the rain tonight and tomorrow give us a good soak. Temps int he 80s today should help get things moving even more.

15. Abiding_Dude

Checked some new spots today. Lots of ramps but no mushrooms. Woods actually look behind this close to the river

Attached Files:

HawkeyeMerkels likes this.
  16. HawkeyeMerkels

Nice pic Abiding_Dude..G'Luck in the season!

17. HawkeyeMerkels

Hey Mbdola! I feel ya..exact condition of my woods. This rain should help both of us..Hope Ya pick loads of em!

18. Abiding_Dude

Thanks bud. Luck to you too

19. Abiding_Dude

Has anybody picked southern WV? I’m gonna be in the Delbarton area this weekend riding and was just wondering if anybody was havin any luck. Thanks in advance

20. Bloodroot

Bloodroot Young Morel

A buddy of mine picked in Boone County Wednesday. The picture he posted that I saw had 68 greys that he and one other found that day.
    I am in Raleigh County they are not up where I hunt. With my elevation over 3500 feet I am about 2 weeks behind Boone County.