Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from WV lurking? Wont be long now.

I'm a little worried about precip levels in my neck of the woods (NCWV). We've only had around 4" of combined precip since Jan 1. Hopefully wont be too detrimental. Guess time will tell.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Will be out checking my early spot near Morgantown on Tues; will keep ya posted. There is a find in Cumberland, MD already . . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going hunting for the first time tomorrow. Might just find ramps, but I won’t be too mad at that. Near gallipolis/ point pleasant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone from WV lurking? Wont be long now.

I'm a little worried about precip levels in my neck of the woods (NCWV). We've only had around 4" of combined precip since Jan 1. Hopefully wont be too detrimental. Guess time will tell.
I would appreciate the update
Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still only finding small blacks here. They had a little bit of frost on the tips. Warm this week but no rain in the forecast. Greys should be up by end of this week in my area.

·
Registered
I started with Morels but am interested in all wild eatable mushrooms!
4 Posts
Hello from Jefferson co WV! We’ve (hubby and I) have found greys and whites last week! Nice size ones too! Going to our other spot today so I’ll share pics if all goes well.

·
Registered
I started with Morels but am interested in all wild eatable mushrooms!
4 Posts
Found 13 nice blonde/greys Lewis County this evening. Still could use a bit more moisture.
Agree! I’m hoping after the next few warm days and the rain at the end of the week this weekend will show promise. 🤞

1 - 11 of 11 Posts