Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Must be easy to spot them in a burn area. Not much to cover them. Plus the color contrast against the ground. I should take a trip just to be able to say I’ve found one in my life 😂 very cool tho. NE season is hopefully going to start soon. Just rained again and sunny temps aren’t quite right yet tho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must be easy to spot them in a burn area. Not much to cover them. Plus the color contrast against the ground. I should take a trip just to be able to say I’ve found one in my life 😂 very cool tho. NE season is hopefully going to start soon. Just rained again and sunny temps aren’t quite right yet tho
Yeah, with little ground cover the bigger ones were easy. We left many small ones <1”.
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many were too small to pick. Hopefully someone followed us a couple days later. We were traveling and left a LOT.
Good for you... would just be a waste to pick little ones anyway (although I will admit... and it's wrong, but I would be tempted to dig up some including the soil under them to take home and see if they continue growing) I know... that's wrong but maybe just one square foot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts