Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked exactly 100 and quit. Have an area with another 40-50 good ones, but needed to leave to go to work. They were in good shape and should last another couple days til I can get the grand kids over to finish picking.

·
Registered
290 Posts
c'mon.i live in watkins glen and don't know where you are......maybe. just trying to confirm what some oldtimers told me. :twisted:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found some good bags of mushrooms east and north of Ithaca. I checked some of those areas last weekend and got skunked. I hunted some prime areas too. You should have some good hunting in the Watkins Glen area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mitch has a good sense of humor. I'm butting in on the post due to the photo. I agree, listen to the old timer. I pose NO threat to the site... I'm in the deep mid-west. I have many acres of my own to hunt. Just trying to keep upbeat about the hunt. Enjoy all~ GL Mitch

·
Registered
175 Posts
Howdy y'all, my states forums slowed up drastically and somehow ended up here. But wanted to say two things. Nice picture, and the old timers right...Happy Hunting guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey lynkage, I'm also from the watkins glen area. Have you been out lately? I found one here locally last week but it was the only one I found yet in Schuyler county!

·
Registered
290 Posts
waterfowler,went to my favorite spot friday but so dry.didn't spend much time but saw none.need agood rain,but temps in 80's could end season.will keep looking when i can but between work and gardens been busy.good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts