You never know what you'll see

Discussion in 'New York' started by mitch, May 15, 2013.

1. mitch

mitch Morel Enthusiast

when the sun comes out. Found these blonds trying to get a tan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68475217@N08/8743069422/in/photostream

2. mitch

mitch Morel Enthusiast

Picked exactly 100 and quit. Have an area with another 40-50 good ones, but needed to leave to go to work. They were in good shape and should last another couple days til I can get the grand kids over to finish picking.

3. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

mitch ,are those RRtracks to the right? nice find

4. mitch

mitch Morel Enthusiast

Maybe. :roll:

5. lynkage

c'mon.i live in watkins glen and don't know where you are......maybe. just trying to confirm what some oldtimers told me. :twisted:

6. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

I know were you are Mitch hee hee hee

7. mitch

mitch Morel Enthusiast

Listen to the old timer. :wink:

8. mitch

mitch Morel Enthusiast

I have found some good bags of mushrooms east and north of Ithaca. I checked some of those areas last weekend and got skunked. I hunted some prime areas too. You should have some good hunting in the Watkins Glen area.

9. morelish

morelish Morel Enthusiast

Mitch has a good sense of humor. I'm butting in on the post due to the photo. I agree, listen to the old timer. I pose NO threat to the site... I'm in the deep mid-west. I have many acres of my own to hunt. Just trying to keep upbeat about the hunt. Enjoy all~ GL Mitch

10. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Howdy y'all, my states forums slowed up drastically and somehow ended up here. But wanted to say two things. Nice picture, and the old timers right...Happy Hunting guys!

11. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

I f I ever walked up on a spot like that I think I would just die and go to morel heaven

12. waterfowler

waterfowler Young Morel

Hey lynkage, I'm also from the watkins glen area. Have you been out lately? I found one here locally last week but it was the only one I found yet in Schuyler county!

13. lynkage

waterfowler,went to my favorite spot friday but so dry.didn't spend much time but saw none.need agood rain,but temps in 80's could end season.will keep looking when i can but between work and gardens been busy.good luck