Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pretty quiet on here.....that freeze and snow completely delayed the season by at least a week....

·
Registered
102 Posts
My family and I are heading to Holly State Rec area to go camping this weekend....and hopefully find some morels! Have you heard anything about that area?
Sure.... there are good morel spots in that park. I have never hunted there but I’ve heard of good finds there. Good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts

once again I find myself confused trying to figure where we are in the season. I took a walk on some private land I have permission on yesterday only to find these, sort of an indicator to me that it’s toward the end of the season. This particular spot typically yields 4-5 larger blondes under a few maple trees. And it’s always one of the last places I look. I realize that they are south facing but they are in a pretty heavily wooded area. But in the morning I checked a spot only to find some small grays growing in what I would consider more of an early spot. Headed out today for my first long walk with my dad, guess I’ll find out for sure then. Good luck all

·
Registered
100 Posts

141 on the day, just over 3 lbs. Guess it’s peak season in my area LOL. And it’s not even May yet. This has been a confusing season to get a read on. Good luck all, I’ll be back at it again tomorrow

·
Registered
732 Posts
View attachment 38671 View attachment 38672
once again I find myself confused trying to figure where we are in the season. I took a walk on some private land I have permission on yesterday only to find these, sort of an indicator to me that it’s toward the end of the season. This particular spot typically yields 4-5 larger blondes under a few maple trees. And it’s always one of the last places I look. I realize that they are south facing but they are in a pretty heavily wooded area. But in the morning I checked a spot only to find some small grays growing in what I would consider more of an early spot. Headed out today for my first long walk with my dad, guess I’ll find out for sure then. Good luck all
View attachment 38719 View attachment 38720 View attachment 38721 View attachment 38722 View attachment 38723
141 on the day, just over 3 lbs. Guess it’s peak season in my area LOL. And it’s not even May yet. This has been a confusing season to get a read on. Good luck all, I’ll be back at it again tomorrow
This is what I've seen on many threads this year. Multiple species all fruiting at once. Well, all we can do is eact, there is no way that we can predict! When you are encountering climatic conditions that you have never encountered before, what are you supposed to do?

·
Registered
102 Posts
View attachment 38671 View attachment 38672
We are still very early in the season. I found tiny fresh greys yesterday. We have two more prime weeks of hunting ahead of us...

·
Registered
100 Posts
We are still very early in the season. I found tiny fresh greys yesterday. We have two more prime weeks of hunting ahead of us...
Thursday morning I would have agreed with you that it’s still early. And maybe it is still very early in your area. But based on what I found yesterday I feel differently. Even though I found tiny fresh grays this morning. And I also found older larger blondes in the same woods. Which is the point I was making in my earlier posts. For me it’s just been a little different than I’m used to. Its not like I said the season is over. I hope you’re right though, I hope we do still have 2 prime weeks. That would make for a great season. I’ll be out there looking for them. Good luck!!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts